View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 02:21 AM   #1
ReggieKW
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

128i issues. Irritating noises.

I've been reading this forum for the last few years but have some questions that I can't exactly find answered so if anyone has anything to offer that's great. I have an '08 manual 128i, 120,000km. New plugs/coils, gaskets redone, suspension, coolant, transmission fluid, diff fluid, power steering fluid, new belt, and crank shaft sensor, oil always kept up.
I get a repetitive "chugging" sound I can hear when the car is running at idle, when the clutch is depressed the sound goes away, even pushing the clutch in fully and releasing will cause the sound to disappear for a bit.
At stop lights, sometimes the car shudders every few seconds (can feel throughout the car). I have experienced misfires and this is not a misfire. Sometimes it doesn't, is this a product of just the age of the vehicle in or sensors/hose?
The only other thing that's irritating me is a clink every time the vehicles movement is drastically changed (accelerating in first, removing got from gas), reading about potentially being Brake noise? I have a new set of brakes so hopefully this might resolve, it's very audible. My mechanic thought it was coming from my differential? But I'm hesitant to buy a new one.
Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0