Thread: AW 1M for sale
View Single Post
      12-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
///BYU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

First off, congrats on the twins! That is awesome.

Have you considered keeping your 1M until you absolutely know for certain it won't work out with your family situation? I have a feeling you'll one day be saying "I wish we never would have sold the 1M". In fact, it will probably be your twins who will be lamenting the fact that their Mom and Dad sold the 1M.

Keep the 1M. Do it for the children.

We had a Honda Civic (and no other vehicle) until our third child was born. The oldest was barely 2 1/2 years old at the time. We couldn't physically fit three child seats in the Civic (back seat too narrow) so we had to sell it. But for two kids it was fine. We moved 2,200 miles to New Jersey in that car and it's a memory we'll cherish forever.

Now we have 7 kids. Our oldest is 11 and our youngest is 3 months. We have outgrown our 8-seat Honda Odyssey and we were looking at getting a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter to carry everyone. Then 12 days after our youngest child was born I found an allocation for a 1M. It wasn't even a question--put the Sprinter purchase on hold and get the 1M. If we ever need to go anywhere with the whole family, we just take two cars. And for long trips, we just...well we haven't figured that out yet but who cares because we have a 1M! (Credit goes here to my amazing wife.)

Good luck with whatever you decide. You're having twins and that is fantastic and by far the most important thing.
Appreciate 0