View Single Post
      06-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModuLR View Post
My first priority is ditching the run flats, and running a square setup. However, I like the idea of the car remaining stock looking. I met a fella named Chris at the last Cal Club Autox in Fontana CA (maybe you're here on this forum?), and he ran 245's front and rear on factory M Sport wheels. He had picked up and extra set of rears and with a spacer put them up front on an otherwise stock sport suspension. What I don't recall is if he had M3 control arms installed as well. Seems he had no rubbing issues tho which is the goal.

So... is the alignment pin removal alone enough to squeeze 245's (type 264 18x8.5 rears) up front with no rubbing? on an otherwise stock sport suspension.

If I was forced to use camber plates, can I get a 255 up front with reasonable camber for daily driving and no rubbing? again on stock sport suspension... (probably asking too much, I know).
That was me you were talking to in Fontana. 245/35-18 Kumho XS on all four corners. But this is really my daily driver. I normally autoX an E36 M3, so for the 135i, I don't worry about rules since I just use it to instruct at SCCA and BMWCCA events, and when the M3 is not available.

I do have M3 front control arms, and the pin is removed. It's still a tight squeeze. I'd be inclined just to get camber plates, and go with 255 Dunlops on all four corners next time. That should still be streetable if you run zero toe.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Chris