View Single Post
      04-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

JayK, I feel your pain too. Seriously, I sold mine thinking that BMW learned something from the 1M and that it would lead to something down the road like it when the economy improved. So far, it has been disappointing and I regret selling it. I don't want to discuss whether exhaust sound through the stereo is good or bad or if NAV screens and iDrive are good or bad BUT they are NOT FOR ME and here in the USA the all new BMWs come that way now. My only hope now is that the M2 will "do it for me." I hope that I can get it as a stripper and it will have the cold-start roar of the 1M, etc.

I see plenty of 1Ms for sale but they are all $55K-60K now and more than half are "loaded." Many were "tastefully modified" not sure to whose taste though. Many had tunes which I feel will shorten the life for the second owner and worse yet many were not cared for properly. I remember early on that many here believed that break-in should be "drive it like you stole it."
Even now when looking at used cars, I see E90 M3s that people leave the oil in the car for over two years because the oil change indicator hasn't told them to change it yet.

So I feel your pain but I tell myself a few things like:

Maybe the M2 might not be messed up by BMW USA and they will let me configure without the fluff.

The new motor has better throttle response than the 1M and the chassis is longer and more stable and aerodynamic at high speed so all the makings are there for a worthy replacement and if not, there are few out there like me that are really taking care of the 1M strippers and I might be lucky to find one when prices go down a bit.
Appreciate 0