View Single Post
      05-31-2014, 06:22 PM   #8
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Without getting argumentative, the goal is to compare 2 similar trim levels of the same car. No one mods a V6 mustang and takes it seriously when the 5.0 is available especially when it's a vastly superior platform. A stock 135i dynos at 270 WHP... that is already 20 WHP more stock and arguably more reliably than an N52 with potential cam work... not exactly an apples to apples comparo. I feel if you buy the 128i with any sort of power gains / goals in mind, when for a few grand more a vastly superior trim level is already available... you are somewhat wasting your time. Once again, not to be condescending just pointing out the obvious here... for the same price with bolt ons, you could have had an N54/N55. If your goal is stay NA and you are honestly looking for performance, the N52 is generally speaking a bad choice as S54s can be had for cheap these days and will blow away any N52.
I agree as far as bolt-on mods are concerned. It's just a waist of money on this car though I'm guilty of it a little. I bought my 128i for the reliability as a daily driver and it has exceded my expectations, I will however consider the supercharger when it's officially released since my 128 is paid off and I think it will be fun. Could have bought a 135i, but I decided to twin turbo my 370z instead and glad I did.
Appreciate 0