FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Thanks my friend

Q for you tho....was looking at the Sonax and it states in both places that "Protection lasts for up to 1 year"......so, is this something you apply regularly? i.e. every year?

The quote I received on OptiCoat from the detail shop I used said it will last 7 years and comes with a warranty? I guess these are completely different Ceramic Coatings?

I'm good with doing it myself every year....just curious if that is what you do as well?
They listed as 1-3 years depending how you wash and how often you apply sonax wet shield, back then, when I first got my 1M in 2011, I did a complete detail and wax and apply the sonax wet shield only, didn't do the ceramic coatings, now 7 years later, it still protects and water still beads on most areas. I do apply few times between those years.

That was my main reason I chose the sonax, even tho I know others are guarantee between 5 to 7 yrs. The most important part is how you maintain it after it applied. My 1M is almost 50K miles. Ready to clear bra the whole hood redo some paint correction before I applied the ceramic coating on it. Already washed the GT3 twice after the application and it REALLY make it easier. I don't think its any superior than others, I'm just comfortable with it because I've used the Sonax wet shield and really like it, so I gave it a try on the GT3.
Appreciate 0