View Single Post
      12-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #1
ajsmithvmi
Professional Hack
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Headlight brake ducts and intake

With some inspiration from sirdaft1 I went ahead and made headlight brake ducts from some broken old halogen headlights. The drivers side also has an intake duct that I'll hook up to a Stett CAI.

The brake duct inlets are pvc reducers and the intake hole is a piece of 6" hvac tube. The brake ducts go through the liners and they clear under full lock, not sure about how they'll do under braking and cornering but we'll find out in the spring.

Not too complicated but it took me two days to get it all set up and sanded down nice.

I'm not expecting a ram air effect, and I know that on a turbocharged car, FMIC>CAI, but I just wanted to try it and I enjoy fabricating this kind of stuff.

MCS 1WNR Dampers | Ground Control Camber Plates | E90 M3 front control arms| E90 M3 front tension arm w/ Turner monoball bearings | E90 M3 Steering rack conversion | SPL Adjustable Outer Tie Rod Ends | M3 Rear Camber Arms | SPL Adjustable Rear Toe Arms | M3 Front Caliper Conversion | 275/35/18 Toyo RA1s | 18x9.5ET22 Apex EC-7’s | mFactory LSD | AIM EVO4S with GS Dash | New for 2020: LS1 Swap!
Appreciate 2