View Single Post
      01-22-2022, 08:39 PM   #16689
p][m
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 320D

I have been busy this last weekends working in my car.

After debating my self with this if I should or not go head, I finally decided to move forward and replace my dashboard.

My original dashboard was already suffering for the leather popping out and creating a bubble in the passenger airbag area, I tried to fix it as I seen someone explaining heating and applying glue with a syringe below the leather, it has worked was fine but after 2 months even using sun shade it popped up again.

Here some pictures how it was before I removed it:

Also I have retrofitted the NBT EVO ID6 into my car, so the dashboard even having the storage compartment, the middle section was not prepared for the navi unit, so it had to be changed to allow the unit to fit, but to be honest was not at my taste and I like to have it as much original and easy to remove/add as possible, so another point to move ahead with the dashboard replacement with one from a car that has Navi from factory.

To I have started, new dashboard is in place, I am now taking the advantage all is off to get the wring loom for the NBT retrofit in better place and shape.

Here the pictures without the old dashboard and with new one already in:

Since I will be replacing my seats and the new ones the passenger seat doesn't have the occupancy sensor I have decided to retrofit the original on/off switch with the car key, since when I replaced my interior with the original black one from pack M my new roof read light panel has the airbag light and I found the loom for this was already pre-installed in my car and the plug just sitting there inside the dashboard on the passenger side just near where the switch goes.

So I received my on/off airbag switch and after taking some measurements I drilled the hole for the switch in the side panel of the dashboard.

Here the mold I did to mark the side panel to what I had to cut from it:

I looks to me as factory, just need to code it now for it to work:

I have a second E82 123d which I decided to swap the front 1M bumper the previous owner installed by the original pack M one to match the remaining car since it has pack M from factory, for this I had to retrofit the headlight washers holes in the bumper since the one for which I swapped mine didn't had the holes and were just marked as usual from the inside, so with a dremel and very patience I was able to get it done without damaging the paint as it already as the same color matching my car:

Follow weekends I will continue to finish and close all my interior.
Appreciate 1