View Single Post
      01-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #8
The Transporter
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I am pleased with my 3M clear bra. Mine covers the front clip and maybe the first 12" or so of the hood. Of course, right after I got it installed, I got nailed by something big enough to leave 4 nicks in the paint about 3" above the clear bra. Since then, I have only had two chips in the leading edge of the hood, which the bra does not cover (to prevent peeling). Perhaps it can be wrapped (? based on post above^), but that is not too bad for what it has been through. Nothing has hit me (yet) up by the washer nozzles.

My car spends most of its drive time in early morning, high-speed highway commuter driving over 1.5 hrs. Trucks, delivery vans, etc. abound. The bra is holding up to everything that hits it. I frequently see little halos of dust, where it appears an object desintegrated on impact, that just wipe away. The 3M product on my wife's Audi A4 is holding up similarly well and she is an indescriminant tailgater. Money well spent IMO.
Appreciate 0