03-23-2020, 10:25 PM   #28
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPuehl View Post
Hey Jake, have you done any "testing" with the new diff bushings? I have the Whiteline poly diff bushings, as well as the RSF bushings, and am trying to figure out a wheel hop issue. I mounted my GoPro under my car to watch for diff movement and can see a lot of movement of the front of the diff during hard acceleration. I also put the camera on the body above the rear drivers side wheel recording toe movement as I have the OEM toe arms, and didn't see any toe movement. I don't see how a diff brace would "lock" the movement of the front of the diff when attached to the rear of the diff. I'm just wondering if you've checked for movement after your RSF rebuild?

Keep in mind the engine/trans/propshaft/diff are all one piece far as movement is concerned. The only slip joint is the center support and if correct it should be able to extend and not compress much.
So if the engine mounts and trans mounts are mush, that can push the diff around also.
But on solid mounts you shouldn't see any movement of the diff.
Was the camera mounted to the subframe or the body? Are you sure you weren't seeing the subframe moving?

Toss that vid up on youtube. I'd love to see it.
Appreciate 0