View Single Post
      11-17-2020, 05:07 AM   #17
edd133
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i 2009 Coupe (05/2009)

My car lost power last night....just dead? Couldn't access boot to get my work stuff out..no keyhole on my 125i e82 coupe, its electric access only...wtf!!
Spent most of today trying to get in while waiting for battery to charge...(20hrs later)..Couldn't Jumpstart it no matter how much I tried..full battery did nothing???

Rear seats don't have release button in the cabin? Not even on the seats somewhere..
So I.....
1/ removed driver side rear shelf speaker, tore through the foam layer found the rear seat release cable and maneuvered it to release the seat...reached in to the boot and opened the other half of the rear seats (60/40 split seats).....

2/ I then climbed into the boot and because there is no trunk release cable visible in this particular bmw????....I removed the trunk lid liner..... found the trunk release cable and opened the boot.....(it was under the trunk lid cover passenger side...taped to the trunk lid???
Problem was a loose terminal on the battery module....thats why battery would charge but the car could not receive power even though its actually connected....
Appreciate 0