View Single Post
      07-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #87
Goombeh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Little M, Fat GTR, Golf R.

I enquired about the 1M when they were anounced, and was promptly told that I could submit a $5K deposit and get on the waiting list. But there were 28 people already on that list so can't make promises. He was very clear in stating that I could not see, sit in, let alone drive the car before purchasing. And for $115K, I was going to want to drive it first. So I let it go.

12 months later, I happen to be at the dealer looking to buy an E92 M3 and was hesitating, when asked, I stated that it just wasn't quite as I thought.

Dealer enquires "have you driven a 1M?", I said that was the reason for my original visit 12 months ago. He said they've extended the allocation and there happens to be one coming in. I said I've already ordered a car but I'd love to see one in person if you could let me know.

Couple of weeks on and I was called, I popped in and as soon as I saw it I felt good, then I took it for the test drive that I didn't intend to take, and here it was, the car that I was looking for. So sat down and put a deposit on an AW one which was on the water.

Love the thing, she rips, she doddles, she snorts, she plods, and all whilst making me happy. That's all I asked. Done. She has just over 8K kms on her and very pleased. I won't say I'd never sell cos I never say never, but very happy and fortunate to have one for now.
Appreciate 0