View Single Post
      08-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #280
Matt-F22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M235i

Hi, I'm a new member to this forum so sorry if I sound really amateur haha! But I've been reading through and using tips/info from here for months now.

I live in the UK and have an 09/2011 118D which came with LCI halogen headlights with brows and LCI Celis strip tail lights, similar to blacklines but without the LED bars.

I have installed some OEM blacklines I bought brand new from BMW, part no. 63212225282.

They were pretty much PnP but obviously the LED bars didn't light up.

Just like it was spoken about earlier in this thread, in the 3 pin plug I only have 2 pins - 1 empty, 2 and 3 have pins in. If I swap over pin 2 into the empty pin slot 1, the LED bars light up but the outer light does not work.

Long story short I've managed to attach a wire to pin 1 and place into pin 2. So that all 3 pin sockets have a connection entering them. This means that with my headlights on at night, the LED bars work with all the bulbs behind working as well.

This is fine by me, but what I would prefer is that only the LED bars work, sort of like DRLs and then the rest of the bulbs cut in when I brake.

So my question is, would I need to code that in my footwell module?
Or is that something that will be taken care of using the retrofit harness sold by BMW - 61122219698?

If it is something the harness will sort out, can anyone provide more info on the harness?

Do I need 2 harnesses because it connects to each rear light etc?
Or where does the harness connect to?

If anyone can help, it'll be appreciated!
Appreciate 0