View Single Post
      10-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #146
WyattHerb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Just remember, however light or fast the car is it can't touch M3's 0-60 of 4.4s. If we work backwards from there and constrain ourselves with the engine only outputting 330-340hp max then we can figure out how much weight saving is needed. I believe the 135i current does 4.8s. Does anyone have a rough estimate how much weight saving is needed to shave .2 seconds off? And is this realistic?

If it requires lighter window or cardboard trunk floors I dont believe it will make it over to USA. CSL never did.
I agree.
The complaint about the E82 has never really been the lack of power. It has always been the handling characteristics. . . . soooo, a carbon fiber roof, upgraded suspension, and fender flares for more aggressive rubber, and perhaps the BMW power kit and you have a beast. Reporting a 0-60 mph around 4.6 seconds, 1/4 mile at ~13.00 secs flat should keep them out of the M3's territory. But the sky is the limit for the handling. . .I hope.

Overall, I think we all want a 135i that handles better and can more easily fit larger wheels and more aggressive rubber.