View Single Post
      09-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #106
phx08
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MKV Jetta

I agree with the general consensus here. Take it in a calm manner, however be adamant. It is utterly ridiculous that you spent your hard earned money (who cares that you paid $10K over MSRP, you had the resources to do so and felt comfortable doing it....so you did it.) and you received a car that was excessively abused. With that said, also make a reasonable offer for compensation. A full refund and i keep the car would obviously not fly here. However, the markup price that you were paying in order to do what you want with the car should be refunded as well as the extra warranty that you paid for (you can actually use that to your advantage, you care about the goods you purchased and you went ahead and bought services in order to protect those goods)

Usually with a trail you will have to prove "but for". You want to attain piece of mind with your new car, BUT for their actions (negligence) you are unable to to do so. Its objective, but i'm sure you and your lawyer will go into much more details about this.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Last edited by phx08; 09-05-2011 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0