12-31-2019, 09:40 AM   #18
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Good thing I started this thread. I just changed phones and everything was moved to my new phone. Except all my camera pics. Lost a few years of good pics.
Anyway been busy, ended up buying the other o2 sensor and changing them both, and now all codes are gone.
Seems I cracked my waterpump, maybe when I did turbos, maybe I tightened the hose clamp too much? Don't know but it was dripping and when I touched the hose, it just let loose on my face. Lol. And tightening the hose made it worse. So did new U hose thermostat and waterpump.
From the o2 sensor issues the car was misfiring so I put new coils in.
FINALLY!!! everything is running great, no codes, drives smooth.
My 2nd revision of my tune from Motive is loaded, he added some serious load this time. But of course it's raining and I cant test it or do logs.

First base tune pulled steady to redline but was a bit boring in the lower rpms. Not so much anymore, it is now very jumpy when getting into the throttle.
It also seems to be mellow and smooth when not getting into boost. Very sleeper like.

Next I'm trying my hand at carbon fiber. I did some test pieces. Started out bad figured out some tricks and got better and better. Tried a couple different epoxies until I found one I liked. Just ordered a new sheet of fiber and will do 4 interior parts. The dash trim, the 2 door pulls, and the piece around the shifter. I think I'm going to do an ashtray delete, so I'm not taking apart the console yet to do ashtray door. Im doing this just because my black everything in the car is boring. All my sanded down pieces ready and waiting the fed ex guy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0