View Single Post
      03-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #8
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

People that really care will KNOW it's an 1M even without the badge, and if you have any doubt after seeing the wheels, the exhaust, and the bespoke front buffer with the air curtain, or even the stance due to the wider track and bigger wheel arches you can always look at the inside and you'll see the M on the head rests (along with the bespoke interior).

What makes it a special car, is all of the above, not a shiny plastic M letter on the boot, enthusiasts will look at the car once, then do a double-take and go 'wait a second!', others don't deserve to know and will probably mistake it for an M3 or a 135 and would not appreciate why it's so special.

And if they figure out it's special but don't know what a 1M is (or is supposed to look like), then they will come and ask questions and then they will get real interested/excited to know about it. It's what happens with my current car (S2000) when some people hear the engine running and come to me to ask me "is that a supercharger I hear?" . Nothing like a good sleeper!

Personally I don't mind the M badge, but I don't care about the '1' badge, looking at the pictures of the show car you only see the 'M', no 1.
Appreciate 0