View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #14
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Are they documents there for the Evolution kit? I thought that would be good to have in my glove box.
I doubt it. In all documents/info, the Akra company only refers to the "Slip-On Line" as street-legal (and they refer to the Slip-On with what I nicknamed "The Akra Flower Pot", which is an exhaust set-up that's even a little quieter than the stock 1M exhaust sound). The "Evolution Line" is in principle for 1Ms used on track.

If I were you, I would print this document: http://az79640.vo.msecnd.net/akrapov...0e3943a60a.pdf and keep it inside the car.

In principle it's of no use for the "Evolution Line", but maybe it could save the day for you, someday. Actually, you're better off being capable to show something to a cop when pulled over and questioned about the Akra, than left to your own devices with nothing at all. Doesn't cost you anything to keep the printout inside the car. Don't underestimate the technical knowledge of the highway police. It's their job. Quite some of them have a soft spot for ///M cars, which might be a benefit or a hazard. So a cop who's in the know might think "Si non è vero, è ben trovato" but still let you off the hook with an "Okay son, I may not say it, but I like your car. Your car files are OK. Gonna let you go ...this time." Not guaranteed though, because, as I said, it's their job. But, as always with so many things in life, being very polite, fair and cooperative during such encounters might contribute to some leniency/indulgence.