View Single Post
      01-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

Akra it is!

So believe it or not, there are three, including my own, 1M's on the same street all within 10 or so houses of one another. Both my neighbors have AW and I have BSM. So anyway, I learned one of my neighbors has the full Akra Evo system. I was not just fortunate enough to hear it from outside the vehicle, I went for a ride, and was able to really experience the whole RPM range in multiple gears. The sound is incredible and exactly what I am looking for! To best describe it, it is like giving your car that touring car race sound by the push of a button. And it is so clean sounding but absolutely roars! I have watched every Akra video from Alekshops video to Turner Motorpsorts video and although they give you the best idea of actually how the system sounds in person, neither video nor any video for that matter truly serves it the justice is deserves. In most videos it sounds so "tuner/ ricer" but it is exactly the opposite! It truly sounds like a street illegal touring car when in "Red, Thunder" mode. I soon learned the car was not stock either, but had AMS front mount, AFE Dual Cone, Forged Charge Pipe and DV, and GIAC flash. The car was unreal, it ran so nicely; it felt so strong and more importantly consistently strong!(Especially for FL weather/ heat!) I am sold on the exact set up, there car is truly amazing. But either way, wheter I decide to tune or not, The Akra wireless system is worth ever penny and I plan on getting one very soon!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009

Last edited by bmw13; 01-28-2013 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0