Rep
Drives: 2011 135I MSport Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guslealisla View Post
They called today recommending I pay for a re-manufactured engine... After I spent 2,500 on them doing the oil pan gasket and OFHGaskets and having an immediate engine failure post pick up.
Are they doing the work for free on the remanufactured engine?

This is the first time I've heard/read about this. Maybe MightyMouseTech can shed some light on if this is a common issue.
First time I have heard of such an issue except for sub zero temps (like -40C temps).

Question, is this the first time the oil has been changed since you bought it? Did the car have a new serpentine belt on it?

Very common for the belt to break, get sucked into the engine through the front main seal and get sucked into the oil pump. Maybe that is why the car was for sale. Damage was already there and someone cleaned out the pan, put a new belt on it, filled the crank with super thick oil, and traded it in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guslealisla View Post
They called today recommending I pay for a re-manufactured engine... After I spent 2,500 on them doing the oil pan gasket and OFHGaskets and having an immediate engine failure post pick up.
Are they doing the work for free on the remanufactured engine?

This is the first time I've heard/read about this. Maybe MightyMouseTech can shed some light on if this is a common issue.
First time I have heard of such an issue except for sub zero temps (like -40C temps).

Question, is this the first time the oil has been changed since you bought it? Did the car have a new serpentine belt on it?

Very common for the belt to break, get sucked into the engine through the front main seal and get sucked into the oil pump. Maybe that is why the car was for sale. Damage was already there and someone cleaned out the pan, put a new belt on it, filled the crank with super thick oil, and traded it in.
It was after the first oil change, serpentine belt broke on test drive after oil pan gasket. Went back to replace the belt an ofhg. Now that you mention it. I think I NEED to change the oil pump.

Thanks for your input