Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
Wow! A lot of supposed M2 owners hating on our beloved 1M.

Hmmm �� Jealousy does suck gentlemen.

But, no worries....... most of us will pick up a M2 on the cheap soon enough ��

You see the M2's are depreciating like crazy if you haven't already noticed. Sort of like the middle child syndrome/complex stuck between the 1M and the M2C.

Your M2 will be had in the 30's very soon ��

...and honestly that's probably what they are worth considering the M2C is out and superior.

Of course all you M2 owners are crying about how that should of been the original M2 from the start. No arguments there! You guys got screwed!

But, don't be so salty about it and don't take it out on us!

Peace ️
i like the M2; but to me the M2/1M connection is like the E36 M3 was to the E30 M3.

it was an 'evolution' of the idea; but not a particularly great one that actually retained the spirit. When the 3rd generation of this idea, the 'next M2' comes out; the status of the 1M will become even more elevated than it is now. Let's face it the 1/2 series are the new 3-series and the 1M/M2 *is* the modern M3 principle laid out for modern times.

I am waiting for the sub-30K M2 so i can street park it and throw it around for errands. I don't think the M2 is even remotely a 'special' car like the 1M is--- having driven several now; but i do think it's a good car compared to other modern cars.

Back to the 1M; it's a shame most people haven't driven one. Even after the hype, it exceeds all expectations of a modern car driving experience. it feels simple, agile, fun, and most of all captures all of the small intangible qualities of why DRIVING is so fun. BMW made one of the most flawed, yet perfect cars ever in the 1M.
The M2C being superior is subjective. Personally I dont think the engine in my F80 would sound right in an M2. or drive right for that matter.
Appreciate 0