View Single Post
      10-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #7
Perfect128
Perfect128
Rep
Drives: '08 SGM 128i

I was intent on keeping the number to the low 30's to keep the bang for the buck high and the reliability high as well. I only got Sport, Auto, Xenons, SGM and walnut trim. The BMW options are pricey, and IMO not all really required.

The manual leatherette sport seats are fully adjustable and great if you are not always changing drivers.

The steering-wheel-following Xenons are awesome, and a real bonus for my 52 year old eyes. Plus they look awesome! I would get these again.

The auto is really good in sport mode, and has been a reasonable tradeoff to a stick for my hour long bumper to bumper commute.

Unless you are longing for a particular color combo, you can save a grand by going with stock interior trim colors and non-metallic paint.

So far I don't feel I mised out by not getting particular options. Don't miss the leather, I can put my own key in the ignition, the standard radio is pretty solid, and you can load in a CD with 100 MP3's so you're not always futzing with your Ipod.

The only option I wished BMW offerred (and I would snap up) is a stand alone mobile phone Bluetooth integration option for a reasonable price.
Appreciate 0