View Single Post
      05-15-2017, 04:42 PM   #75
bung206
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 135i MSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridenTBoy View Post
I have a 2013 135is. If I start hammering around the place and then come up on a stop sign or stop light and am turning right and hit the brakes pretty hard to a full or nearly full stop, it's almost guaranteed that it'll miss shifting into 1st at least once or twice.
I have this in my car as well - but only in auto mode. In auto mode the gearbox can only react to what you've done so it'll definitely ride like shit.

In manual mode (DTC fully off, sport on), if I'm in second gear and slowing from say 40mph -> 10mph so I can creep through a roundabout I find that as I come down to 20 mph or and I'll pull (-) for 1st gear the display will change from "M2" and show M1" but the car is STILL in second gear. When I actually lift my foot off the brake pedal and hit the gas, I can hear the throttle blip - the car THEN downshifts and take off.

I'm pretty sure this is expected behaviour? It only happens when it thinks you're expecting to come to a complete stop (i.e. fairly hard braking).

Additionally in Auto mode (DTC full on, sport off) and slowing to a crawl or near stop just before a roundabout to check for traffic, I can make the car take off VERY smoothly. But when I give it to my other half to drive (who is a VERY competent driver, she isn't your average "oh my god where are the wipers" kind of person), the car leaps forth since she gives it too much gas. Definitely not "smooth" by and definition of the word.

None of these things really bother me once you learn what they are, when they happen and how to avoid them. Is there anyone in NZ with a busted car? I'm really keen to get my paws on one (and have them drive mine) to see if this really is some sort of design fault or if there is something wrong with the car. I'm worried there is some serious impending fault that could happen anytime to my car and that'll destroy my resale value.
Appreciate 0