07-11-2018, 09:21 AM   #75
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420Coupe View Post
Share the secrets!
They aren't secrets. It's no secret where enforcement is higher and why. As public employees, they go where the city or state tells them to go due to public risk and danger. The closer you are to residential areas in cities and the higher the amount of traffic, usually the higher the enforcement. The more rural the area with space population, the lesser the enforcement. The closer I get to home, the less I want to speed, to my own neighborhood where there's no point in going above the limit when a kid or a dog might jump out from behind a bush. The more you stick out as the one car going faster than everything else (lots of people convince themselves they aren't this person, even when they are a majority of the time), the higher the chance of getting pulled over. I see lots of people always rationalizing that "well, the traffic in x city always moves at 80mph" and when I go to those places, it's flat out not true. There might be a few people going that fast, but usually not the majority and it's simply what someone has rationalized in their mind to justify what speed they go. It's not that I drive 55mph or that I never hit the gas, but it's simply pretty easy to avoid tickets and enforcement if you know what's actually trying to be enforced. The guys cruising 20+mph over with radar detectors, yep, they are absolutely looking for you, you are #1 on their target list, especially in any kind of populated area. Lots of people are just "asking for it" and they seem to get comfortable because for a while, they have "gotten away" with it.

With all of my recent cars, people come up to me and say "wow, if I had that I'd be getting tickets all the time, how do you not get tickets?". It's seriously not hard. It takes self-control, but not that much.

Of course, if you live in a highly urban area and simply never get out of that urban area, well you are kinda screwed. That's the price you pay for living there and your options for "going fast" are more limited. Not non-existent, but more limited. If you realize your limitations, no problems.
420Coupe222.50
Viffermike1753.00