View Single Post
      06-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #66
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker07 View Post
I have to report that my 2 years of issues with surging with A/C on has been solved!

I've had the car updated to the latest DME sometime last year but it didn't really go away. Car seemed to shift a little better but the issue was still there.

I just found these threads and saw that Bimmergeek's Protool can reset adaptations. I finally downloaded the tool, hooked up my K+DCAN cable with a OTG USB-C dongle and connected. Bought their diagnostic license and reset every adaptation I could find.

Under Drivetrain
Engine -> Functions -> Clear Adaptations
Transmission -> Functions -> Clear adaptations (there were 6, i cleared them all).

NO MORE SURGING WHEN COMING TO STOP!
View post on imgur.com

Also the shifts seems smoother in nonsport mode and faster in sports, that could be the buttdyno speaking

I'm elated now, thank you BimmerGeeks !
Yep. Glad you were able to resolve your problem. Your results mirror my experience and my thoughts on the subject. The real fix is to reset the adaptations and not any of these other things such as updating the DME to the latest firmware nor any of the tuning updates (PPK, Dinan, MHD, etc.)
Appreciate 0