View Single Post
      06-07-2008, 09:52 PM   #12
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscogypsee View Post
of course the thing that makes this seem very unlikely is the fact that the 135i is already just a hair away from being as fast as the m3. so a "m1" would be as fast or faster than the new m3, that would butcher sales of their new supercar. a "tii"concept seems more likely. they better not release it soon though cause i think they will piss of many 135i owners that just got their car. I just got mine and i'd be pissed if they released a high performance version. Anyways, the 135's fast enough.
But they made the 135i that outperforms the 335i by a small margin. That may sway a few people to g with the 135 over the 335 but still, they get the business. An M version of the 1 series compared to an M3 would be like a 135 compared to the 335. Plus the M3 v8 is very light, lighter than the straight six of the previous version of M3, so I think they could easily squeeze it into a 1 series:wink:. Don't know, but I would be totally into a M version of the 1, but a 4 cylinder? Not sure about that unless they made it ridiculously light. You guys are right, the 135i is totally fast enough and I'll be getting mine in 2 weeks:headbang:. But I'd be up to buy a new M1 in 3 years if it happened. And I'd like to see the M3's V8 inside of it not a 4 cylinder screamer.
Appreciate 0