05-29-2019, 08:47 PM   #66
Stubbie Blue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
I have a feeling I'm still doing something wrong here, so forgive me. Unplugged the PAC, replugged it in with the DIP switches in the 'Pioneer/other' setting. Open the SWC menu on the headhunt, hold the program button for a couple of seconds on the PAC, press volume up on the steering wheel (at the same time pressing the volume up switch in the SWC of the headunit?), and then leave it to get out of programming mode. I did this as a test and it still didn't work. I haven't hooked up the chime wires yet, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Got it, thank you!

Two more questions:
1. Theres a persistent buzz/static noise. It only goes away when I put the volume at completely zero. I can vaguely hear it when I'm actually playing music.

2. Also, for the reverse camera, I tapped the wires for the rear tail lights, but for the power wire off the RCA yellow cable coming to the headunit, does it matter where you tap the power wire?

Again, thank you so much for helping out
Programming the RadioPro and programming the headunit are actually two separate things.

First you should reset your RadioPro by holding the program button until the LED starts blinking, then release.

To start programming, press the program button on the RadioPro (all buttons are short presses from here on) and you will have 7 seconds to press each steering wheel button in the order specified under 'Optional Programming Order, Pioneer' in the RadioPro manual. If you don't press the SWC button within 7 seconds, it will end the programming process and you'll have to start again.

This is how I did it:
1. Volume +
2. Volume -
3. skip by pressing the program button on the RadioPro
4. skip
5. skip
6. Source
7. Track +
8. Track -
9. skip
10. skip
11. Phone
12. Recirculation
13. Voice Command
You can now wait 7 seconds for the programming to end. The LED will flash 3 times.

Now you can program the headunit by going into the SWC menu. Hold down the steering wheel button that you want to program and at the same time, tap the function on the screen that you want to assign it to. Besides the obvious ones, I mapped the recirculation button to start the navigation app.

For your other questions:
1. I'm not sure because I also changed my amp and speakers. You may need to use a power filter on the power wire from the battery to the headunit.

2. There are different ways to use that wire alongside the RCA. In my setup, the reverse lights switch on the relay to power up the backup camera. The wire alongside the RCA is actually on the same circuit as the backup camera positive wire for my particular camera, so the wire gets powered up as well. It then carries power up to the front, and since it's connected to the Joying's orange wire reverse cam trigger input, the power signal will trigger the screen to switch to the backup cam view.
Appreciate 0