10-25-2016, 05:49 AM   #56
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nompower View Post
Wasn't even aware of those modes in my lci.
I adjust the fan intensity/sensitivity? with the fan speed buttons on the dash console when in auto mode. Is that what you mean?
In my climate control, if you press the fan intensity it takes it out of Auto, I guess thats the difference! Maybe ill look into see what the fan settings do on my unit now. I was considering just upgrading to the later style climate control unit because it has the 'all' button. I hate the dual zone climate control can't lock both the temperatures together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG View Post
Overall is it worth the cost vinny so far?

I still find ccc is quite quick and simple (I just have a usb of music that instantly starts) and the nav is ok, Bluetooth for phone is quick as well. I use the diamond and star buttons to flip the screen closed (for driving at night on the highway as I don't like a massive screen glaring at me) and one for mute.
I have my phone magnet mounted to the air vent as well which I use occasionally I guess.
I actually like having the screen on all the time with the map displaying, the feature I use the most with idrive

Whenever I used the CCC units in 3 series cars there was a massive lag to get into the option menu and generally navigating the interface (up to 1 entire second before the menu loads). For me it was worth it because I got the entire kit for $800. Normally these things cost $1150 shipped for only the screen/controller/nav unit. Theres at least a another $200 in the emulator, usb port and cables plus labour if you can't DIY it. In that case thats a lot of money and still havent got a combox, I wouldn't think its worth it at that price.