01-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #29
all4bspinnin
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i LeMans Blue/Terracota

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z-135i View Post
Hey, thanks buddy for all the helpful replies. I am painting the chrome trim in a gloss black. It will look solid from a short distance and that's all that matters for me (no car shows or anyone scrutinizing details). No worries on the carmax comment my friend, I am right there with you. I got crap for my carmax story as well (some people on here are brutal, but no different than many other negative people in society). I'll post my story if you send me yours, it's pretty entertaining and ended well.

As far as the maintenance issues, I can't really do much in the way of finding out the records. Carmax doesn't have them and I believe the dealer will not divulge info prior to your ownership (read a lot of stories when I was looking for maintenance info prior to purchase). The warranty just ended, but from the way the car was maintained, I would have to hope the prior owner took care of it. If changing the plugs isn't a big deal, I can definitely do that. The carbon cleaning is new to me so I'll have to research and see what that's all about.

The car purrs like a kitten and performs flawlessly with the JB4 on map five w/ 93+ octane and BMS intake.

About every 30k to 40k miles, the intake manifold is removed and ground walnut shells are blasted into the cylinder head to remove carbon/gunk build up.

Here's a great link to see the results: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1215663

Another thing I would suggest would be to sell the JB4 and go to a Cobb accessport or an MHD flash. Both offer better control of your stock ECU whereas JB4 is a piggy back that essential lies to the computer.
Appreciate 0