View Single Post
      08-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #52
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible

I have the 128i Msport and added a few goodies to it over time. Coming from Z3s, and E30/36 BMWs, I was looking for a small sporty sedan that still looked like an older BMW with a focus on handling. I also wanted a convertible that could seat four people for those cruising rides on nice days. The 128i has proved to be great fun, and is a safe and reliable car as well. I did end up installing KW coilovers, because I wanted to control the ride height and also get a little firmer and smoother ride. Coilovers are great and really make the car handle well. I went with BMW Performance bits for the rest, a short shift kit (which works great!) cold air intake and exhaust. These three items add a level of sportiness not available in the stock car. If I had to recommend one mod, I would say the exhaust. I always brings a smile to my face as the engine winds up.

In all, the 128i has been great for me, and I plan on keeping mine for a while. I never fail to get a compliment on the Le Mans Blue Paint, which looks gorgeous. For fall, the 128i will get a new little sister in the garage, in the form of a 2013 silver and red Porsche Boxster. It is going to be interesting to see how they compare from a handling standpoint!
Appreciate 0