View Single Post
      12-07-2017, 10:38 PM   #78
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
That was probably coil bind. Check for evidence that adjacent coils were hitting on those 400 lb/in springs.
I'm still curious as to how people think 336lb (300% stiffer than stock) isn't stiff. With 336lb (6k) and NO front sway I don't bottom out my front struts... in fact, If I go any stiffer the car understeers because of being tire limited up front... maybe ride heights are playing into this for people? Rake? Damping not adjusted correctly? If I run my coilovers on full soft it feels like a sloppy rolly mess too lol... Or maybe people are just feeling the REAR of the car rolling... To each their own I guess.

I do plan on putting the front sway back in. As is, the car is not soft at all. It's almost nauseating on the street on long drives. Now that I am on rcomps I might go a bit stiffer too, but I'll probably do that with e93 M3 sways for a modest 10% bump.

A 7inch Swift spring should not bind at anything over 6k 336lb/in. I did have that issue with a 4k spring though... And I did hit bump stops with the 4k. The softer spring had more coils. Swift provides a chart with all this info on their website...

Last edited by bbnks2; 12-08-2017 at 08:08 AM..
Appreciate 0