View Single Post
      01-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #86
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Really impressed with the Nexen's. Awesome grip, definitely need a bit of heat in them, and if you start to overdrive, they can get a bit greasy, but finding their sweet spot and driving smoothly, I was consistent on track for ~15 laps. Road noise isn't bad either, and they don't chunk up or degrade too quickly on the track.

Before that, I ran 265 squared RE71R's on my E90. Those definitely out-grip the Nexen's, however, they break down quicker than any other street tire I've used. After a 2-day track weekend, they feel like different tires, where the Nexen's seem like they could keep going without trouble. I've been street driving them since the event in November and I'll run again on them at the end of the month. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again, but I might try them in 265.

Before the Bridgestone's, I ran Falken RT615k's for like 3 years on different vehicles. Great tires, awesome looking tread pattern that I'm a sucker for, and decent wear qualities. I think it's outclassed by the other two tires I mentioned but I haven't driven the new RT615k+, so I can't say overall.

In other news -- two of my ARC-8's are bent already. Yay.
Appreciate 0