Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Is it correct to say that the CS is an M2C with a bunch of CF parts and cosmetic upgrades?
Looking at it on paper that does seem to be exactly that with a few hardware exceptions. But it is being hyped up as more than that and the price will determine a lot about it's relative 'value' over the M2 Competition.

Looking at the F8X CS reviews, most seem to agree that it was the best version of the F8X (Base, Competition, CS, GTS). It was just too expensive relative to it's competition in the marketplace. They are still sitting new on lots. If BMW prices the M2CS correctly it could have a worthwhile value over the M2C, but dealer markups are likely to blow that out of the water unfortunately due to the limited production; the demand for which is likely much higher than the F8X CS.

I do think that the factory tuning on everything will be another "more than the sum of it's parts" scenarios. The CS is getting M adaptive suspension (first time for this on the F87 chassis), combined with the forged wheels, roof, hood, specific exhaust and the rest of everything added up I think could make for a special car.

I will say that relative to the 1M I am already expecting to be let down in the steering feel of the EPS versus our hydraulic rack. However, the CS iterations seem to have the best version of that tune on offer. I am also expecting to love the motor in the M2CS more. The N54T is a ton of fun, the fat mid range torque gives it a lot of character; "little thug" as Chris Harris recently said. But the S55 is a beast, it's such a surge of power. In that it pulls hard to redline, it seems to be the spiritual successor to the S54 which I think will be great fun.

At the end of the day it's all speculation until someone actually drives it.