View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
kyubiii
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: m2c

Window stopped working??

Im not sure if this is in the right section, so mods feel free to move it to where it belongs. My drivers side window stopped working after a very icy day. My car had a layer of ice all around it so i scraped some of the ice around the window area to open the door. After I get into the car i notice that the window did not go back up the quarter inch that it usually does when you close the door. So naturally i tried pressing the power window button and nothing. Then i try raising the window with the power button and a warning picture of a window with an exclamation point to the right of it pops up. I looked in the manual and it corresponds to "pinch protection system of the power windows malfunctioning." It should be noted that when ever i press down or pull up on the power window button, I hear a clicking sound but the warning light ONLY comes on when I pull the button upwards. As of now, the window is permanently stuck a quarter inch down as it would be normally if the door is opened. This is a very annoying problem to have as not only can I open my window for drive throughs/tolls, I can hear the wind while driving on the highway. Water also gets into my car when it rains or if I try to wash my car. Any help in this issue would be appreciated. Thanks!
Appreciate 0