Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 128i 6MT Sport

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakthru View Post
Are you getting torque intervention with dsc completely disabled?
Yes your firmware would be year and model specific. I have a 2007.
I only had 1 value for my car too.
I manually added the data value 00. The range is hexidecimal 00-FF. FF being the most intrusive braking action. 00 being the least intrusive. Hover your mouse over the wert to see what the value is. The wert is just a label not the function and doesnt mean much. The value is what controls the feature.
I coded this off on my car yesterday. My module was a MK60_87.C0F and it was originally set at wert 00 value E4, I manually added the value 00 using NCS Dummy.

Driving it today the pedal felt really good, but I don't think I'll be able to know for sure until I take it back to the track. When I was on-track in Dec I could feel this "feature" kicking in and as I tried to brake with linear input the pedal feedback would go from hard to soft as the system took over slowing down the car. It was really annoying.

Edit - For those who've made coding changes to the DSC module, did you calibrate the steering angle sensor and DSC afterwards? I've seen comments saying it is necessary and others saying it isn't.

Last edited by spidertri; 02-17-2020 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0