View Single Post
      09-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #1
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Accident - Poor 1M

Well, it's been months since I've been on here. As luck would have it, on July 4th someone ran a red light and t-boned my poor 1M (directly in the passenger door @ +/-40mph).

I have a couple of questions for anyone who knows...

Months later, I'm still without my car. Apparently, the part that I need is a quarter panel/rocker panel combo, and it needs to come directly from Germany. Does anyone have experience with this part? Are there two different versions of the part; one where the rocker/quarter are together and one where they are separate? I have been told that the VP of BMW America's is involved because the part STILL hasn't been shipped, and frankly, I'm getting pretty annoyed with the whole process. I know the car is rare, but holy hell...this is a little insane. We're coming up on a 3 month mark here.

Can anyone help or explain why this may be taking so long?

Side-note: this car took a beating really well; what a stud!!! for the speed and considering the impact point, it looked a whole hell of a lot better than the other car. didn't really matter to me, as i still wanted to knock the guys teeth out for not paying attention to the road. but, that's why they call them accidents.
Appreciate 0