Rockstar1487
Tarnished One
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS135i View Post
I take it the later model cars have been modded by the factory in terms of the centre metal tab.
Noop. The earlier cars have the brake light lens mold with a cutout for that metal tab. The new LED lens does not have that cutout - so it will not fit. You have to either mod/cut the LED lens or the metal tab on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
I would use something to prevent rusting on that grinding point...
Yes, Rimas - I would also have put some paint or primer on that filed area. But it wasn't my car - and these guys were just making the repair in the middle of a parking lot! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicbimmer19 View Post
Two quick questions,
The plug for the liner, do you just pull that out? I haven't removed them myself but I remember seeing one loose and it was like a screw? So I remember putting it back like a screw.. I can't remember.
You mean the little plugs that hold the carpet liner in place? Yes, you just use a flat blade screw driver or an upholstery or door panel removal tool. Something that looks like a fork to pull those black plugs out and off.

Quote:
And is there torque specification for the new bolts? they seem much looser than the ones before
This is why you buy new springs and nuts with your new LED lens. The new springs put MUCH LESS pressure on the LED lens. I think that is the real reason why some cars go thru many LED lens. Not from slamming the trunk lid, but its the tq those springs put on the LED lens. So do not go crazy torquing those nuts down. You only need enough to have the LED lens flush with the trunk lid. Not too much tq though!
I hate you!!!! I already made this!!! Lol your pics are of a lot higher quality than mine and I told you it was an 8mm!!!!!

Retired: 05 MB 330i, 08 CS 135i, 17 EB M240i, 13 CB 135is, 16 ABM M4
Appreciate 1