View Single Post
      01-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #17
Brian_VACsales
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 VF Supercharged, 135i

Typical? What do I sell for the E8x or E9x that is overpriced? As the Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter president and Chief Driving Instructor I'd expect a bit more substance from your posts.

If you can find a proper shop (not a guy doing it on the side out of his home garage) who provides the same exact quality product in <2 weeks in any color for much less $$$ I'd be surprised. From Nov-Apr I sell 3-4 cages a month - most are for other shops who mark them up a bit and sell to their clients. If our pricing was so crazy I doubt we would get repeat business from performance shops as they know what 'reasonable' is more than anyone. I have a Z3M, 2 e36M3s and a E46M3 in the shop for cage work right now. Do you think a legit company like Fall Line would do this roll bar for less that $2199? I don't.

Last year we had a track client literally walk away from a 90mph impact with a tree. We ripped out his crap roll cage and installed a proper VAC cage 3 weeks before the event...he would have been toast with the old cage and he said so. Yes, that was a cage and this thread is talking about a bar - but when it comes to safety I'd rather go with someone who has a good track record.

I'm not too worried about shipping as there are plenty of cars in the NYC-DC corridor. We prefer the 1 piece construction :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
typical of VAC... It's priced about 50% higher than it should be. Not to mention shipping is going to have to be freight and will be awkward as well. $2199 is ridiculous. one could take their vehicle to a custom cage builder and have the same thing duplicated and installed for the same price or less. :thumb down
Appreciate 0