nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
On my ED I used Trakk tape.

I had initially bought the Griots road wrap and after seeing the bad review here I sent it back and opted to try Trakk tape. I was in a rush and the customer service was amazing. The package shipped the day I ordered it and I knew I would have it in time for my trip. I just hoped the product was half as good as the service.

I took the car from the Welt directly to the hotel and in the underground garage started to wrap it. It took me a few hours and I was happy with the results at that point. The bumper had a good amount of bubbles and that was partly due to all the curves and partly due to me getting tired and just wanting it done. I had started mid hood and done the fenders and those were done really well. I wrapped the hood and each fender separately tucking the tape into the gaps and around the headlights.

The car sat two nights before being driven. I drove over 1400 kms with the tape on the car and during that drive I went through some of the heaviest rain I have ever experienced in my entire life. I also spent most of the time on the Autobahn cruising 100-110 mph, hitting tops of 140. the hood had also gotten immensely hot. I was somewhat surprised how hot it would get and after hours of sitting would still be hot (never noticed that with 3.5 years of 135 ownership). The tape actually seemed very soft at those times, it would have peeled off easily had I tried.

When I reached the port I peeled the tape off almost in one big intact piece (one for the hood, one on each fender, and one for the bumper). The car was pristine!! There was ZERO residue, it literally looked as it had the moment I picked it up at the Welt. The car was so clean that I didnt even need to wash it to drop it off. I literally just drove to the drop off point and signed the paperwork.

There were portions underneath that water had seeped in and the tape was wet, but the car itself was dry. This was not a flaw of the material but more my imperfect application technique, again it was on the front bumper. There were some edges that the tape slightly had started to lift, but it was slight and not a single piece appeared to be separating from the wrap. I did press down wherever I noticed lifting as I stopped at gas stations or eateries, in the end it made no difference.

All in all I am happy, more than I expected to be. Definitely a product I would recommend and use again. If I decide to drive home from PCD I will be re-wrapping the car with Trakk tape. Words cant express how I felt looking at a perfectly clean car after peeling the tape.

The effort to wrap it might not be worth it if you are driving short distances. In Germany the roads are not like here you can get away without using it (depends how picky you want to be). I wouldnt drive cross country in the US without it though.
Thanks for taking the time for the review. I will need some of that stuff when I go cone-racing. : )
Appreciate 0