1forI
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N55 DCT 135 / E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nebulizer View Post
Offset 40 should work well, but you will need at least -1.0 camber to clear the fender. -2.5 would give you plenty of room all around (about 9mm fender clearance.)
Agreed.

My front 255/35R18's tires/18x8.5 ET52 style 261 wheels have an "effective" offset of 42 (ET52 wheels with 10mm spacers). I have -3.2* of camber in front, and lowered suspension (Swift Spec-R springs and Bilstein B8 dampers). I was on stock linear springs and dampers prior to this...

With my new B8's, I have a little bit of strut clearance left (2-3mm), and now considering replacing my 10mm spacers with 8mm spacers. Tire is a little more buried in the fender. Switching the spacers from 10 to 8mm would equate to an ET44 offset (ET52 - 8). This switch would remove my concern with rubbing under hard compression, when Im lapping at the track, going over a curb, etc.

My fenders are not pulled or rolled, and with stock suspension, I had rubbing on front passenger side under hard compression at the track with my square 255/35R18 setup.

I will find out if I rub with my new setup and new Dunlop Direzza Zii StarSpec tires at my first lapping event of the 2015 season next week.
Test fitted the ZII* on 8.5" wheels and it's so close to fitting but under compression is slightly rubbing on the bumper, not the fender.

It looks like I have about 7 or 8 mms clearance from strut to wheel...maybe I could get away an 8mm spacer instead of my 12mm?

ZII Star Specs
8.5" wheels et52
12mm spacers
(Effective et40)
2.5* camber

I think my only two options are to test an 8mm spacer or get adjustable camber plates to see it 3* gets me there...looks like your 3.2* camber is making the difference since all our other specs are almost identical.

Time is really tight for me because I have a track event this Saturday.

Any thoughts/advice? Are there options I didn't mention above to gain a little more bumper clearance?
[SIZE="1"]JB4 ISO, PURE Turbo Stage 1 v2, Megan DP, 5" stepped VRSF FMIC, AFE CAI, Fuel-it Stage 1 inline LPFP, ER Charge Pipe, KWV3 w/swift spring conversion, M3 Front Control Arms, e90 M3 FSB, Whiteline RSF Inserts, Dinan Camber Plates

Last edited by 1forI; 05-03-2015 at 09:53 PM..
Appreciate 0