08-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #61
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUN3D View Post
Yup, there are significant modifications needed to fit dual oil-coolers. Yeineken, Google "ER 135i oil", and you'll see a ton of pics. The kit looks awesome. For me personally, and what I want to do, it doesn't really make sense. I just want to 1/4-mile, and do linear runs -- so my oil temps aren't an issue.

Right now, I'm running the stock oil-cooler and even after back-to-back pulls...temps rise but stay in check (approx. 250°F).

My CP-e FMIC came with an extra oil-cooler, which I haven't installed yet.

On my other 1er (this is my second), I had the exact same kit with the extra oil-cooler and my temps would avg. 200-210°F. After back-to-back runs, it would rise to about 230-240°F. That said, this is with a tiny supplementary in-line oil-cooler.

I can't imagine what a legit/larger oil-cooler would do -- much less two of those mthrfkers...LMAO!

Analyze what you're needs/goals are and go from there. No need to cut shit up unless you have to.

I know that 250°F is pretty standard. I'm assuming the engine can handle more -- not sure of the thresholds. I would use that as you're base line.
thats really the way to look at it. build for your needs. I doubt an ER oilcooler will give you any advantage. Our oiltemps are supposed to run high and do so with the ER kit. The Oilcoolers keep track temps below the 270-280ish area where you will go into limp mode. If your just dragging the car then I would skip it. You can pin the fender liner and ducting without an oilcooler in place and it will hold together.
Appreciate 0