05-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
gjm120
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i, 2021 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minitraveller View Post
Hi all,

Enjoying my new to me 2013 128i M-sport 6MT with less than 2,000 miles!! Am thinking about buying a brake bleeder, instead of depending on friends, etc. Looking at either the Ares 70921 or the Schwaben. I know a lot of people have the Motive, but I like that these others have at least another opening to release the pressure, other than the pump. And at least in pictures, seem to be better built? Also, any of you chime in whether the aluminum master cylinder caps are worth the extra money? Thanks in advance!
I did my first brake flush recently with the Motive. It was easy and the pressure release wasn't an issue if you slowly do it. I did the try method which meant a lot of back and forth with releasing pressure and replenishing the reservoir but really not a bother. Upside is no clean up of the bleeder tank. If you are not tracking thus changing fluid every 2-3 years I think the Motive without a pressure release is more than good enough.

Is that 2,000 miles on the clock?!?!