View Single Post
      08-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #18
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

My buddy and I ran into a guy last Friday with a SGM 135i with an M badge on the right side and Dinan badge on the left (it was not the OP). I wish I had a recording of the conversation.... Memorable quotes include being a Dinan contract driver, never over heating or getting brake fade on the track, has driven the 1M and M3 on the track but prefers the 135i with the Dinan suspension (questionable if he even had a Dinan suspension), feels the car is planted at 170 mph, tracks his car all the time at Homestead, PBIR and Sebring, runs "max" camber with 2 degrees toe-in at the front and 7.5 degrees toe-out in the rear, etc.

Having run Sebring 50+ times, my buddy asked him what his lap times were at Sebring. He said 7 minutes. We sat there in shock not saying a word. Thinking that we thought that was to fast, he then said high 7s low 8s. Keep in mind that one lap at Sebring is 3.7 miles. Well no wonder he doesn't over heat or experience brake fade. How could you at 30 mph?

So to each their own, but before adding an M badge to your 135/128, ask yourself whether you want to be grouped together with people like this. The truth will set you free, or at least not make you look like a fool.
Appreciate 0