View Single Post
      02-21-2023, 09:37 PM   #14
br438
Infinite Boulder Roller
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDodgy View Post
Yep, I'd recommend looking at the Grado's, then. The look is certainly old-school and could be off-putting to some, but they have a nice range and have a good price/value ratio in my opinion.

Good luck!
I second the Grados (if you're not travelling with them). There is a range, and they all offer something special. You can dig into hifi reviews to see what matches up with what you prefer (and what impedance you need).

Otherwise Neumann's NDH30s (open back if you're in a quiet room) and NDH20s (if you are going to be working in a noisier environment, but don't want active noise cancelling) would be a good option. ... also, the Neumann's should be a little more durable than any of the Grados.

I am generally not a fan of Sennheiser headphones... they would be for utilitarian stuff... the drummer for the session didn't bring a set of ears. but... if you try them and like them, go for it!! ... hahahaa.... Focal ... I would stay away. Unless you are in the top end of their range (monitors or headphones), you are not getting your money's worth... and even in the top end gear, there are better options out there.

I always thought I would go Grado... but I haven't. My Focal headphones' headband broke, so they are gone forever. I landed on Sony WH-1000XM3s a few years ago... I bought them for airplane trips, but ended up working on them a good bit when not using monitors or in-ears. Let us know where you land!
Appreciate 2
Lady Jane71478.00