View Single Post
      03-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #90
EvoKnvl
Private
Rep
Drives: Valencia Orange 1 Series M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
Hello and thank you, my seats were powered and heated, i bought this part 61 12 2 155580. I bought two but when they arrived it was clearly setup with one connection to the fuse panel, one long cable to go to drivers side seat and one short for passenger side(I'm US LHD).

Problem is from there i saw the wiring to the back of the fuse panel and said no way and had local indy shop do the wiring because i knew it would take forever for me to take that on in my old age. I believe they bypassed the stock control module but I'll need to pop the seats up to make sure.

That part number is correct right and the stock control module is bypassed was my understanding but I need to reacquaint myself with it?
Those don't look right. These are the part numbers I used.

They are literally the same exact harness as the ones used in your power seats. You can remove them from your power seats, but it's a PITA because some of the wiring is routed behind and through the seat.

Once you get them, you'll notice that your seat only has a couple connectors. The Driver should have the heated connector, and another one for the airbags. The passenger side has the same ones with the addition of the Passenger Occupancy sensor. You'll hook up other wires only and run it through the stock control box. IIRC, you'll only use 3 of the ports in the box since you're no longer using any of the power functions. Once that's done, it should work correctly.

For the 2 parts I listed above, you can be super lazy and just hook them up, but you'll have a jumble of wires. So what I recommend you do is just pull the tape apart until you get the connectors and wires you need. It'll be much cleaner that way. Here's some pics of the only parts you need.

Passenger side. The top big one goes to the seat. The middle medium ones goes to the control box, and the small one on the right is the Passenger Sensor

Driver side. Basically the same as the passenger side minus the Passenger sensor. The top plug goes to the seat, and the bottom one to the control box.
Appreciate 3
ayao641.50
eeghie299.50