View Single Post
      04-13-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Sarracino89
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i Black on Black

Garage List
2011 128i  [0.00]
The "issue" is this: the 1 series is a much much smaller market then let's say the 3 series so obviously less parts are being made for the 1ers. Now if we understand that, then understand that even fewer of the 1er owners modify their cars (there are other owners outside of 1addicts lol) and third, those that do modify, even fewer own 128s. Now as to why the 135 exhausts don't fit the 128, well its actually pretty simple, the diameter of the piping for the exhaust is different, by quite a bit. GK21 was right in saying that because of the turbos, the exhaust is designed differently. In fact, the 128 exhaust is a 1 piece from the downpipes back whereas the 135 is two pieces (midpipes and muffler) which is why there aren't any 128 midpipe options unless you go custom. As to why some quad exhausts fit both, it may be because the companies feel that those 128 owners that decide to upgrade their exhausts would rather just get a quad (seeing as many have the sport bumper allowing them to change to a quad diffuser sold by the same company) just my .02 on the matter.
Appreciate 0