View Single Post
      10-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #10
ccmkE82
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT / M-Sport

A bit of an unfortunate update. My vehicle was boosted and driven back to the body shop for a final check of the bodywork. Went to go pick up the car from the body shop after they boosted it again and was planning on driving it back to a garage where I could attempt to fix the broken connector. While signing the paperwork inside I could suddenly hear my car idling like a cammed dragster for about 10 seconds and then the engine puttered out. The shop attempted to boost the car again yet the engine wouldn't turn over at all and all electronics were dead aside from my wiper blades which started and couldn't be turned off for some reason.

What I assume happened is the battery finally drained, and the alternator is not getting power to it due to the broken battery lead. For the meantime the battery is on a charger at the shop over the weekend and I'll try to drive a short distance to a garage on Monday. I am hoping all electronics will begin to work fine once the battery is recharged and hopefully the car will start. I don't know if any damage could have been caused by this, and the way the engine was idling definitely hurt to listen to, but I am hoping for the best.
Appreciate 0