View Single Post
      05-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: C30

Buyer Beware **********S

Everything you need to know is currently going down in this thread.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...340363&page=10

my post from that thread lays out the details...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buster View Post

I bought my wheels as part of this group buy back in January just like all of the rest of you. I did not know about this forum at the time. I was excited about putting these Forgestar rims on my C30. My car will be the first C30 with Forgestars. Very few aftermarket suppliers make products for my car so, I was happy to find wheels that look unique. Kevin told me I would have my wheels in 4-6 weeks. I then asked, what if things went wrong? What is the absolute longest it could take? Kevin said 8 weeks. This sounded acceptable to me.

In March, I was concerned about not hearing anything from **********s about my wheels and sent them an email. I was told my wheels would be delivered in 5-6 weeks. This was not good. I had things planned and paid for involving my car but, what can you do? After 5-6 weeks, I was again concerned that I had heard nothing about my wheels. I emailed **********s again to inquire about them. I was told my wheels would be here in yet another 5-6 weeks. I again had planned and paid for things involving my car with new wheels on it and would have to lose my money and miss out. I was pretty angry and emailed Kevin my concerns. Like many others who have complained, I was now apparently on **********s ignore list. That final email has never been responded too even to this posting.

Fast forward to yesterday and 2 different BMW friends of mine who I've shared my wheel troubles with told me about this forum and the refund post by Kevin. While I was dissappointed that I wouldn't get my unique forgestar wheels, at least I could get my funds back, carry on with some much less unique equipment, and stop destroying my winter tires. I called and requested my funds back. I figured it wouldn't be a problem since Kevin posted it. He also posted that our wheels wouldn't be in production until at least next week. So, I felt it was a win win for everyone. On the phone, I was treated poorly. I was denied my refund. I was tranferred to multiple people, I was put on hold multiple times. I was told I could only have 50% of my money back and **********s considered my wheels "custom" as soon as the generic, uncut, undrilled, unmodified blanks were put on a boat in China. I explained my position to multiple persons, referenced the plain facts and details posted by Kevin on this site, and was still denied.

**********s will not return your money once they have it, for any reason. It has nothing to do with being stuck with custom wheels. It has everything to do with greed at their customers expense. I was told by Kevins manager that he would only cancel the order with forgestar if I spent the money on something else from **********s. He would not return money. Unfortunately **********s does not carry any products for my car except coilovers that I already have or another custom wheel order. This time with HRE for $5K-$6K I'd imagine.

So there you have it, my experience with the complete lack of customer service at **********s.
My post was refering to this post in the same thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s View Post
Guessed,

You've always had an option of a refund, give us a call!

Kevin************.com
Appreciate 0