09-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #48
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saace7 View Post

My e46 was a 6sp... this thread makes me miss my MT.

135 with the silly paddle shifters. It's fun, but it limits it to being strictly a "road car". there isn't much room to do "bad" things in it with out taring it up.

When shopping for my 1er, i was really limited to time because of work and I was in a rental. Forced me into a auto. Idk, maybe one day I can do a swap?
Oh really? In what way exactly does it limit the car to just being a "road car". Got any facts to back up that broad statement concerning limitations being placed on what you can do with the car due to it having an automatic (aside from it shifting for you to make sure you don't blow the engine up) or the "fact" that they're easily "tared" up? I guess all manual transmissions are bulletproof, right? I guess those silly guys at Porsche shouldn't trust their PDK's at a track racing around all day...oh wait, but they do because they let complete fucking amateurs race them (PDK equipped 911 C2S models and Cayman's) around at Barber Motorsport. BTW, I asked those instructors back in 2010 (who race cars professionally) what they preferred. The majority said the PDK. Most common reason given: "I can better concentrate on my driving and my track line rather than having to deal with the manual trans. gear changes". Does that mean AT's are better? Certainly not...it's opinion.

Trust me man, if your post is truly what you think, you're the limiting factor, not your car's automatic trans. God, I hate ignorance.
Appreciate 0