04-30-2016, 03:17 AM   #32
vtl
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by einserM View Post
I'll bring you out with us next time we night run. Get a good baseline for handling. I reckon you need stiffer sways, but as I mentioned the other night I like very firm sways, even the stiffer 1M sways seem kinda soft to me. If you back the damping off and run stiffer sways, you'll have less roll and flatter cornering but a more supple ride with less crashing. Bilsteins are going to behave differently vs KW being a high pressure monotube design and the McPherson from end doesn't help, I've never ridden in a McPherson strut car that handled fast sharp bumps well, the only way to make them ride nice is run sloppy bushes which feel awful. It might not be something you can dial out.
Yeah will decide on stiffer sways once I get more used to the handling characteristics of the car. I can already feel that after a few k kms the setup feels a lot more supple and less harsh vs just after the install. Currently theres a little body roll, doesn't bother me too much yet though.

The car still has an understeer balance but its drastically reduced. Much closer to neutral and that bit of understeer gives you a lot of confidence.

Will definitely be keen on a night run!